Get Up And Do Something: "Aha" moments help motivate dieters

Get Up And Do Something
Get up and Do Something is a program of the Delaware Coalition to Promote Physical Activity and Healthy Nutrition. Your source for optimal health.
"Aha" moments help motivate dieters
Jan 17th 2013, 11:37

Why are Americans (including myself) so concerned about their weight? I studied this question for six years and in 2008 received a Ph.D. in sociology with a specific focus on body weight perceptions. Though that gave me a comprehensive understanding of why Americans care about weight, it did very little to keep me from fretting over the scale. Although I've never been seriously overweight, I worry every day--at least a little bit--that I'll gain weight and become vulnerable to the self esteem issues and knee aches that have accompanied my past weight gains. So I stress about things like the extra cookie I ate, or the day's missed run, or whether tomorrow is the day I should start a diet.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Blog Archive