Get Up And Do Something: Heart Disease: Women Can Miss the Warning Signs

Get Up And Do Something
Get up and Do Something is a program of the Delaware Coalition to Promote Physical Activity and Healthy Nutrition. Your source for optimal health.
Heart Disease: Women Can Miss the Warning Signs
Feb 8th 2013, 11:37

Every single day, I take care of women. As their primary care physician, it is my duty -- and my privilege -- to take care of the whole woman, not just a set of organs or body parts. So, even though I am their gynecologist, I see it as my responsibility to discuss heart disease with my patients.

As the No. 1 killer of women, heart disease is a bullet we must all dodge. But despite the fact that many of us have heard this statistic, only one in three of us thinks it applies to us. Unfortunately, it applies to all of us.

Most of my patients are the hub of their families; the glue that keeps everything together; the captain of the team; the person who runs the household and cares for everyone else. Think about how busy you are, and now think about what life would be like if something happened. What would your family do without you?

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Blog Archive